All 50 art Reviews

Walking_Towards_Red Walking_Towards_Red

That's a really good painting. I love the dark atmosphere and use of white, red and black colours only. :)

sascia999 responds:

Why, thank you! :D

"Vania" A painting of Evan "Vania" A painting of Evan

I like it, that's pretty good. The way you shaded fur with warm colors looks very nice :)

griguette responds:

Thanks!

The man in the moon The man in the moon

I like this painting, it's pretty cute. :)
Although I think it'd be better presented if you cropped the image to remove the unnecessary wood around it.

TheNutellaQueen responds:

Thank you! ^^ You're probably right about the wood, I'm really bad at taking good photos of paintings. >~< Will thing about it in the future ^^

Map of Siskiyou County Map of Siskiyou County

Looks good! I like the style and all the little details you made. Reminds me a little of the Skyrim map that I have hanging on my wall :D

The-Last-Templar responds:

Used to hang the Elderscrolls maps on my wall, too. Morrowind's has always been my favorite for the sheer amount of detail they put in.

Persian x Seaking = PerKing Persian x Seaking = PerKing

You have a very pleasant drawing style. I enjoy the way you choose colours - they work together so well on this picture.

starry-knight responds:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

Parrots Parrots

Pretty interesting painting. I like how it looks like "just two birds" at a first glance and how disturbing their legs are where you look closer :D
Really weird - I like it!

Halloween 2016 Halloween 2016

The mask looks ok, I like the idea.
Tip: everything looks scarier when you add some black/dark red paint around his eyes and leaking from them. "Glowing eyes" made with some flashlight could work too, but it would be harder to do and wear.

Corvo-Dishonored Corvo-Dishonored

I like this one! There's a lot of details + you used some really nice colors. Such a good job!

BeKoe responds:

THANK YOU!!! :D

Tree Tree

It looks pretty ok, but it could be better. I like the soft colors here.

The first thing I noticed is that everything is blured for some damn reason (most of beginner artists do that for some reason - I did that too). It looks especially weird when the leaves on a tree aren't blured. It looks much better when you have sharp and clean lines, trust me (especially in the foreground).

Another thing is the grass field behind - it could use some grass texture to not look like a flat piece of cloth (yeah, I know that it takes time, but good artwork often requires hours to finish). Also, you could divide the field into few layers (eg. 3) and the further the "layer" is from us, the more its colour blends with the sky. It gives a nice feel of perspective and it doesn't seem like it ends out of nowhere.
Here's a photo example: https://transsiberianhighway.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/dsc06274.jpg

On the same photo you can see the third thing I wanted to mention - the sky color. Since the earth is a sphere, from our perspective there's more layers of air in front of us than above us. Because of that, it's nice to use some gradient and add some lighter tones near the horizon line. The higher you look, the darker sky is.

Hope I helped somehow :)

Domonization responds:

Well, it's not intentionally blurred, it's blurred because of the tools I have to work with in GIMP. And I know this painting is not that great. I'm just trying to experiment and practice for now. The goal is to start putting making backgrounds for my cartoons. It's gonna be a while before I get really good at it though. And thank you for the tips, I really appreciate it.

The Friendly Monster The Friendly Monster

I like the minimalistic style in this one :)

Tom-Par responds: